1. Gain an understanding and appreciation for the rules.
Know the rules. The spirit of good sportsmanship depends on conformance to a rule’s intent as well as to the letter of the rule.
2. Exercise representative behavior.
The true value of interscholastic competition relies upon everyone exhibiting behavior which is representative of a sound value base. Your behavior influences others whether you are aware of it or not.
3. Recognize and appreciate skilled performances, regardless of affiliation. Applause for an opponent’s good performance displays generosity and is a courtesy that should regularly be practiced. This not only represents good sportsmanship but reflects a true awareness of the game by recognizing and acknowledging quality.
4. Display respect for officials.
The officials of any contest are impartial arbitrators who are trained and who perform to the best of their ability. The rule of good sportsmanship is to accept and abide by the decision made. This value is critical for students to learn for later application in life.
5. Display respect for your opponent.
Opponents are guests and should be treated cordially, provided with the best accommodations and accorded respect at all times. Be a positive representative of your school, team or family. This fundamental is the Golden Rule in action.
6. Display pride in your actions.
Never allow your ego to interfere with good judgment or your responsibility as a school representative. Regardless of whether you are an adult, student, player, coach, or official, this value is paramount since it suggests that you care about yourself and
how you are perceived by others.
RESPECT – INTEGRITY – ETHICS
Ted Reynolds – email@example.com
1615 FILER AVE E
TWIN FALLS, ID 83301
Phone: (208) 733-6551
Athletic Secretary: Laurie Rierson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Football: Allyn Reynolds – email@example.com
Volleyball: Andria Harshman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys Soccer: Carey Farnsworth – email@example.com
Girls Soccer: Katie Kauffman – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country: Tonia Burk – email@example.com
Swimming: Beth Lamb – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance: Taysa Haroldsen– email@example.com
Cheer: Chloe Gedrose – firstname.lastname@example.org